- March 16: 2018 Jaguar E-PACE SUVs Recalled For Brake Hose Brackets recalls | 38 days ago
- January 26: Jaguar Recalls F-PACE Again For Instrument Clusters recalls | 87 days ago
Jaguar Recall J047: Wire Harness Configuration
2015 Jaguar F-TYPE
Should the STS not have been wired correctly, the front passenger air bag may not be suppressed, and may remain activated, even when a child restraint is placed in the front passenger seat or a small statured adult occupies that seat. In the event of a crash necessitating deployment of the front passenger air bag, a child or small stature occupant may be at an increased risk of injury.
Electrical System — Wiring
- Jaguar Land Rover North America LLC (Jaguar) is recalling certain model year 2014-2015 F-TYPE vehicles manufactured August 31, 2012, to October 22, 2014. In the affected vehicles the seatbelt harness connector which connects the Seatbelt Tension Sensor (STS) to the Occupant Classification Sensor Control Module (OCSCM) may not have been correctly wired. The OCSCM senses whether there is an occupant in the front passenger seating position, and the STS senses whether tension on the seatbelt indicates a child restraint is being used in the front passenger seating position. Both sensors provide information to the restraint control module (RCM) which informs whether the front passenger airbag should be activated, depending on whether the sensors detect the seat is occupied and/or that it is occupied by an adult passenger.
- Jaguar will notify owners, and dealers will correct the harness connector wire configuration, free of charge. The recall began on December 3, 2014. Owners may contact Jaguar customer service at 1-800-452-4827. Jaguar's number for this recall is J047.
- Documents (11)
- Remedy Instructions and TSB
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q1
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q2
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q4
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q3
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2016-Q1
- JAGUAR MEMO TO FILE
- Other Recall Related Documents - SERVICE BULLETIN
Click a tab for more information.