- March 22: Certain Automakers Slacking on Automatic Emergency Braking news | 3 days ago
- March 18: Theta II Engine Fires Investigated by State Attorneys General investigations | 7 days ago
- March 11: Hyundai GDI Engine Problems Cause Lawsuit news | 14 days ago
- March 3: Kia Sportages Recalled For Oil Pan Leaks recalls | 22 days ago
- February 28: Kia Sedona Recall Needed to Protect Child Passengers recalls | 25 days ago
Kia Recall SC116: Accelerator Pedal May Fracture
2014 Kia Soul
If the vehicle has a bent or broken accelerator pedal, the driver may have difficulty accelerating the vehicle, increasing the risk of a crash.
Vehicle Speed Control — Accelerator Pedal
- Kia Motors America (Kia) is recalling certain model year 2014-2015 Soul and Soul electric vehicles manufactured July 21, 2013, to January 8, 2015. A section of the accelerator pedal may bend and fracture.
- Kia will notify owners, and dealers will add a supporting rubber underneath the pedal stopper, free of charge. The recall began on March 24, 2015. Owners may contact Kia customer service at 1-800-333-4542. Kia's number for this recall is SC116.
- Documents (12)
- Recall 573 Report
- Customer FAQ
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - All Dealer Principals
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - All Kia Parts & Service Managers
- Remedy Instructions and TSB
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q4
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q3
- Recall Quarterly Report #6, 2016-2
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2016-Q1
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
Click a tab for more information.