- November 19: Land Rover Discovery Recall Issued For Loss Of Power recalls | 11 days ago
- November 12: Land Rover Recalls Discovery Sports and Range Rover Evoque MHEVs recalls | 18 days ago
- November 9: Land Rover LR4, Range Rover Sport Fuel Leaks Investigated investigations | 21 days ago
- November 3: Range Rover Sport Detached Spoiler Recall Closes Investigation investigations | 27 days ago
- October 25: Land Rover Turbocharger Lawsuit Says Turbo Fails news | 36 days ago
Land Rover Recall : Land Rover/Transmission Oil Contamination
2001 Land Rover Range Rover
Unintentional vehicle movement could result in a crash or personal injury.
Power Train — Automatic Transmission
- Vehicle description: Certain sport utility vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of FMVSS no. 114, "theft protection." Water contamination of the automatic transmission oil can lead to various failure modes of the transmission. One of these failure models results in incorrect operation of the park lock function that could allow a vehicle to roll away if parked without the handbrake properly set.
- Dealers will check the park lock function; reposition the automatic transmission breather tube; and test the automatic transmission fluid and flush if necessary.
- Documents (5)
Click a tab for more information.