- September 3: Jaguar Tests Autonomous Vehicle With Virtual Eyes news | 19 days ago
- August 5: Jaguar Land Rover Timing Chain Lawsuit Says Engines Fail news | 48 days ago
- July 7: Range Rover Door Latches Cause Upgraded Investigation investigations | 77 days ago
Land Rover Recall P041: Front Driveshaft Joint Replacement
2005 Land Rover Range Rover
Continued vehicle operation can eventually result in the splines shearing and a loss of drive, increasing the risk of a crash.
Power Train — Driveline — Driveshaft
- Land Rover is recalling 19,168 MY 2003-2005 Range rover vehicles. The front differential coupling sleeve and the propeller shaft may be misaligned, resulting in spline wear over a period of time. As the wear between the propeller shaft and the differential spline coupling progresses, noise and vibration are expected.
- Dealers will install a revised design of the propeller shaft, the flange kit and heat shield kit. The recall began on January 6, 2009. Owners may contact Land Rover at 1-800- 637-6837.
- Documents (10)
Click a tab for more information.