- March 10: Land Rover Recalls 2018 Range Rover Velar SUVs recalls | 40 days ago
- February 14: Land Rover Recalls Range Rover Evoque Convertibles recalls | 64 days ago
- January 22: Jaguar XF and Land Rover Range Rover Recalled For Takata Airbags recalls | 87 days ago
Land Rover Recall P084: Passenger Frontal Air Bag Inflator May Explode
2012 Land Rover Range Rover
An inflator explosion may result in sharp metal fragments striking the driver or other occupants resulting in serious injury or death.
Air Bags — Passenger Side Frontal
- Jaguar Land Rover North America, LLC (Land Rover) is recalling certain 2011-2012 Land Rover Range Rover vehicles, originally sold, or ever registered, in Arizona, Arkansas, Delaware, District of Columbia, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Maryland, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Virginia, and West Virginia, or "Zone B." Unless included in "Zone B" above, Land Rover is recalling certain 2010-2012 Land Rover Range Rover vehicles, originally sold, or ever registered, in Alaska, Colorado, Connecticut, Idaho, Iowa, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Montana, New Hampshire, New York, North Dakota, Oregon, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Utah, Vermont, Washington, Wisconsin, and Wyoming or "Zone C." These vehicles are equipped with certain air bag inflators assembled as part of the passenger frontal air bag modules used as original equipment or replacement equipment. In the event of a crash necessitating deployment of the passenger frontal air bag, these inflators may explode due to propellant degradation occurring after long-term exposure to absolute humidity and temperature cycling.
- Land Rover will notify owners, and dealers will replace the front passenger air bag assembly, free of charge. Owners may contact Land Rover customer service at 1-800-637-6837. Land Rover's number for this recall is P084.
- Documents (10)
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Recall 573 Report - AMENDMENT 1
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Miscellaneous Document - TAKATA PASSENGER AIRBAG RECALL
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)- 11-JAN-18 - NOTIFICATION OF SAFETY RECALL P084 (NHTSA 18V-015)
- Miscellaneous Document - UPSTREAM TECHNICAL SERVICE - TAKATA PASSENGER AIRBAG RECALLS
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)- Technical Bulletin
- Miscellaneous Document - UPSTREAM TECHNICAL SERVICE - Takata Passenger AirBag Recalls
- Miscellaneous Document
- ISSUED Interim Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
Click a tab for more information.