2.8

2006 Lexus IS 250 seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Lexus IS 250:

2006 Lexus IS 250 Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Jan 132017

IS 250

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2006 Lexus Is 250. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V340000 (air bags). The part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Anaheim, CA, USA

Jan 012017

IS 250

Safety risk in the event of an infiltrator rupture metal result in serious injury or death

- Lawrenceveill, GA, USA

IS 250

The contact owns a 2006 Lexus Is 350. The contact received a recall notification for NHTSA campaign number: 16V340000 (air bags) and stated that the part needed was unavailable to perform the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- San Antonio, TX, USA

Dec 132016

IS 250

Tamara recall: Would be very beneficial to know the ecact date the air bag fix will be available. Current uncertainty as to whether an air bag explosion will occur Is unsettling.

- Pilot Point, TX, USA

Oct 152016

IS 250

Takata recall -- I have notified the dealership nearest me in san francisco and no one is able to replace the defective bag. I have contacted the dealership in daly city serramonte multiple times.

- San Francisco, CA, USA

Nov 232016

IS 250

My wife has taken such good care of this car and always goes to the dealer when it needs work, except for oil changes which she goes to Goodyear for. I had gotten tired of the recall for the dash and door panels recall and thought she had waited long enough since she was on the list and it seemed they were trying to "out wait" us until the car was sold or something. When I called Lexus headquarters, the lady was nice but mentioned it had a recall for the passenger airbag and said no one should sit in the passenger seat. I am appalled at the unprofessional way this was made public to us. It was supposed to be a notice in the mail which we never got. I sat in that seat many times, as well as other friends and family. For a problem this serious, which could result in death, I have lost faith in Lexus. They have become like all the other dealerships. I had thought it was the best vehicle made, period. Now that has changed. We were told to get a rental car for $35 maximum a day. What kind of deal is that" get a crappy small rental car for a year or more after driving a luxury vehicle" I personally have a mustang, and when we are tired of waiting or they fix the car and it gets old, I am getting my wife an american car to support our economy. Enough is enough, period.

- Jacksonville, FL, USA

Aug 012016

IS 250

Takata recall - we are in zone a. received recall notice advising no person should sit in passenger seat due to risk of injury or death.. contacted dealer and Lexus (ca) told the "fix" will likely not be available until early 2017. Would like to sell the car.. but can't sell until airbag defect is repaired; we are unable to use the car until the defect is repaired...

- Wesley Chapel, FL, USA

Nov 212016

IS 250

Wire harness instrument not working (airbag light on)

- Acworth, GA, USA

Jun 142016

IS 250

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2006 Lexus Is 250. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V340000 (air bags) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The VIN was not available. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Snohomish, WA, USA

IS 250

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2006 Lexus IS250. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V340000 (air bags) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Orlando, FL, USA

IS 250

I have a 2006 Lexus when I checked the VIN it shows a recall for the air bag but online also shows if the car is 10 years older the repairs will have to be made by the owner meaning I have to pay for it..this is a safety issue another thing I notice is the interior door panel is sweating something and gets hazy and wet looking when my nail hits it it leaves a mark. I normally have kids in the car the air bags is a big problem if not fixed soon and it hits 2017 I will have to pay for repairs.. the recall was sometime this year please see the attachment if not fixed I would have to trade it in for safety

- Lawrenceville, GA, USA

Apr 012016

IS 250

Takata recall: It has been over six months since I was first notified about the recall of the airbags and nothing has been done to remedy the situation.

- Encino, CA, USA

IS 250

I need to renew my registration but not able to due to the recall remedy not being available

- Redwood City, CA, USA

Jan 272014

IS 250

Takata recall I have yet to have my airbag replaced it has been 6 months since the letter notification was sent out. I no longer feel safe driving the car with the possibility of the air bag going off during a collision and sending shrapnel in any direction. Dash board recall I have been on the wait list for almost 2 years and my dash board has yet to be replaced. The dash board has been getting worse every month. The dash board has become so shiny its almost impossible to drive the car on sunny days.

- Van Nuys, CA, USA

Sep 092016

IS 250

Takata inflators - cannot use car whenever I have more than 3 passengers. No solution provided after the recall alert received for 2 months. No news about when the repair can be done.

- Arnold, CA, USA

Aug 152016

IS 250

We had our Lexus smogged and the airbag light was on when we picked it up. We took it to the Lexus dealer and they said it is the wiring harness. $3500 to repair. This is not a component that is supposed to fail, so Lexus should be responsible for the fix.

- Rancho Santa Margarita, CA, USA

Aug 152016

IS 250

The contact owns a 2006 Lexus IS250. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V340000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceed a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Updated 09/29/16

- Memphis, TN, USA

Jun 012016

IS 250

The contact owns a 2006 Lexus Is 250. The contact stated that the recall notice for NHTSA campaign number: 16V340000 (air bags) was received in June of 2016. After contacting the dealer and the manufacturer on multiple occasions, the contact was informed that the parts needed to repair the vehicle were still not available and no estimated time for receiving the parts could be given. The VIN was not available. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- West Hills, CA, USA

Jul 182016

IS 250

I received a Lexus safety recall notice on 7/18/16 regarding the takata front passenger airbag inflator (NHTSA recall no. 16V-340). The propellant in these inflators may degrade after prolonged exposure to high absolute humidity and fluctuating high temperatures. Degraded propellant can cause inflator rupture during airbag deployment. In the event of an inflator rupture, metal fragments could pass through the airbag cushion material, striking the vehicle occupants and result in serious injury or death. My car is used to Transport my family, which includes my 6 month old son. We do not feel safe driving my car and would like to receive a loaner until the airbag parts have been replaced. Also, we live in an area where temperatures reach up to 100 degrees in the summer months, which may increase the risk of the propellant in these inflators to degrade.

- San Jose, CA, USA