ANNOUNCEMENT: The Car Book 2018 is now online!

2015 Mazda CX-5 transmission problems: whining noise

Whining Noise

9.0

$5,000

1. replace transmission (2 reports)
2015 Mazda CX-5 transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Mazda CX-5:

2015 Mazda CX-5 Owner Comments

Jul 062018

CX-5 ES V6

First of all I want to express that I will never purchase another Mazda ever!! Mazda headquarters did nothing to help aid or replace the faulty transmission. The car gave no forewarning I woke up one morning and it started the car and it started whining and progressively got worse. I have owed Dodge, Toyota's, Nissan's, and Honda's but never have I encountered this, Two days later Mazda said the transmission had to be replaced.

The CX-5 had on 82k miles and out of nowhere it just started to make noise. Secondly, I have taken this car into the Mazda repair shop (twice) under 20k miles and it makes a "popping sound" from the driver's left wheel. The pop sound is made when I'm turning left. Believe it or not they said they found nothing wrong except they removed rocks/gravel from the wheel (which did not fix the problem). When I bought this car I truly believed Mazda sold a premium SUV. At first, I was very pleased with my purchased and believed Mazda would stand by the quality and integrity of the vehicle. Because Mazda denied to help aid or replace my transmission at no cost I will never do business with them. The car didn't even have 100,000 miles, they should have replaced my transmission or at least aided in the replacement cost. I urge anyone considering buying a Mazda to reconsider

This is the worst costly experience I have been thru and I do not wish it upon anyone!

- Leticia L., Ellensburg, US

Feb 202017

CX-5 V6

This is ridiculous! They say they wont pay any because its over 60,000 miles but a brand new transmission off the lot should last well over this. Only drove for a little over 2 years, mostly highway. There is a history of these problems, needs to be addressed.

- carsoncrewsc, Pineville, US