2016 Mazda CX-5 accessories - interior problems: infotainment system won't boot up

Infotainment System Won't Boot Up

7.3

$1,700

2. replace unit (1 reports)
2016 Mazda CX-5 accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Mazda CX-5:

2016 Mazda CX-5 Owner Comments

Sep 082019

CX-5 Gran Touring

The infotainment system does not work. It rotates trying to reboot but just can't make it. I tried removing SD card but it still goes through the rounds of trying to reboot. There are no updates for SD card. I took to a Mazda shop and was told the CMU needed repair, but the part was on backorder indefinitely. So I can't use the radio, phone, navigation, etc.

- Robert V., Corpus Christi, US

Aug 192019

CX-5 GT

The infotainment system keeps rebooting and is mostly just showing a blank screen or the Mazda logo. The radio is stuck on the same station. Many features are now not working including radio, navigation, or settings.

The strangest thing is what the Mazda dealer told me when I called. Apparently many people with 2016 Mazda cx-5 and 2016 Mazda 3s have been calling recently with the same problem. They do not currently know the solution. One possible solution they said was to replace the CMU chip for $1300, but it is on backorder, and they recommended we wait for Mazda to finish investigating.

It has been a few days, but I will update if we get a resolution.

Update from Aug 29, 2019: The dealer now wants 1600 for a new CMU chip which they say should fix the problem. I called Mazda corporate and they suggested that the dealer can submit some paperwork to "after warranty assistance" and then Mazda will consider whether to help out with the cost.

- gsquared, Needham, US

Nov 012018

CX-5 2.5L

This car is slightly over 2 years old and to have no radio, CD player, GPS is already a pain. But the unit is in continuous boot up mode which at night is very distracting.

- Michael S., OaklandOakland, CA, US