- December 28: Mazda Smart Brake Support Lawsuit Says Camera Overheats news | 24 days ago
- December 21: Mazda3 Automatic Emergency Braking Recall Issued recalls | 31 days ago
- December 11: Mazda Recall Ordered For Second Time To Replace Takata Inflators recalls | 41 days ago
- December 2: 2016 Mazda CX-5 Daytime Running Lights Cause Lawsuit news | 50 days ago
- November 23: Rear Seat Belt Reminder Systems Are Still Needed news | 59 days ago
Mazda Recall 2718F: Curtain Air Bags May Not Deploy Properly/FMVSS 226
2018 Mazda CX-5
If the air bags do not deploy properly in a crash, it can increase the risk of injury.
Air Bags — Side/Window
- Mazda North American Operations (Mazda) is recalling certain 2018 Mazda CX-5 vehicles. In the event of a side impact or rollover crash, the side curtain air bags may not properly unfold during deployment. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 226, "Ejection Mitigation."
- Mazda will notify owners, and dealers will replace the curtain air bags, free of charge. The recall began July 31, 2018. Owners may contact Mazda customer service at 1-800-222-5500, Option 4. Mazda's number for this recall is 2718F.
Click a tab for more information.