- September 17: Mazda Recalls Mazda6 Cars For Rusted Cross Members recalls | 1 days ago
- August 21: Mazda Says It Didn't Falsify Fuel Economy and Emissions Inspections news | 28 days ago
- July 6: Mazda Recalls 270,000 Mazda6, Mazdaspeed6 and MPV Vehicles recalls | 74 days ago
- June 27: Mazda Recalls Its 2018 CX-5 For Airbag Problems recalls | 83 days ago
Mazda Recall 1317F: Passenger Frontal Air Bag Inflator May Rupture
2009 Mazda CX-9
An inflator rupture may result in metal fragments striking the vehicle occupants resulting in serious injury or death.
Air Bags — Passenger Side Frontal
- Mazda North America Operations (Mazda) is recalling certain 2012 CX-7, CX-9 and Mazda6 vehicles sold, or ever registered, in the states of Alabama, California, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Louisiana, Mississippi, South Carolina, Texas, Puerto Rico, American Samoa, Guam, the Northern Mariana Islands (Saipan), and the U.S. Virgin Islands, or "Zone A." Additionally, unless included in "Zone A" above, Mazda is recalling certain 2009 CX-7, CX-9 and Mazda6 vehicles sold, or ever registered in the states of Arizona, Arkansas, Delaware, District of Columbia, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Maryland, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Virginia, and West Virginia, or "Zone B." Additionally, unless included in "Zone A" or "Zone B" above, Mazda is recalling certain 2007-2008 CX-7 and CX-9 sold, or ever registered in the states of Alaska, Colorado, Connecticut, Idaho, Iowa, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Montana, New Hampshire, New York, North Dakota, Oregon, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Utah, Vermont, Washington, Wisconsin, and Wyoming. These vehicles are equipped with certain air bag inflators assembled as part of the passenger frontal air bag modules used as original equipment or replacement equipment. In the event of a crash necessitating deployment of the passenger frontal air bag, these inflators may rupture due to propellant degradation occurring after long-term exposure to absolute humidity and temperature cycling.
- Mazda will notify owners, and dealers will replace the front passenger side air bag inflator with an alternate inflator, free of charge. The recall began October 4, 2017. Owners may contact Mazda customer service at 1-800-222-5500. Mazda's number for this recall is 1317F. Note: This recall supersedes recall 17V-012.
- Documents (15)
- ISSUED Interim Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- 1317F DLR Email Update
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - July 12, 2017
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- TSB - 2007-2012 CX-7, 2007-2012 CX-9, 2009-2012 MAZDA6 - PASSENGER AIR BAG SAFETY RECALL 1317F
- PARTS AND WARRANTY INFORMATION Recall Campaign 1317F
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - July 26, 2017
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Recall 573 Report - AMENDMENT 1
- Recall 573 Report - AMENDMENT 2
- October 2, 2017 Subject: Safety Recall 1317F – Takata Frontal Passenger Side Air Bag Inflator – UPDATE – Parts now available for the DIR2 Group of vehicles.
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2017-4
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - February 14, 2018 Subject: Takata Interim Recall Repairs
- Miscellaneous Document - VEHICLE INFORMATION on 17V457
Click a tab for more information.