2012 Mazda CX-9
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The only area of real concern for 2012 Mazda CX-9 owners is the brake booster.
In 2014, Mazda extended the warranty on the 2007-2013 CX-9 brake booster to 7 years / 90,000 miles. However this extended warranty has expired for most CX-9 owners, so buyer beware.
This Mazda CX-9 brake booster failure isn't terrible in terms of repair cost — it "only" costs $550 average to fix. However it is a safety issue when the brake booster fails as it increases stopping distance. Owners have reported having to stomp on the brake pedal, & crashes/injuries have been reported due to this CX-9 brake booster defect.
Worst 2012 Mazda CX-9 Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- brakes problems35NHTSA complaints: 144
- engine problems5NHTSA complaints: 35
- transmission problems5
- drivetrain problems2NHTSA complaints: 16
- exterior accessories problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- body / paint problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- cooling system problems1
- fuel system problems1NHTSA complaints: 4
- lights problems1NHTSA complaints: 3
- suspension problems1NHTSA complaints: 8
- windows / windshield problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 23
- electrical problemsNHTSA: 5
- steering problemsNHTSA: 5
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 5
- interior accessories problemsNHTSA: 1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Mazda CX-9 Model Years
Curious how the 2012 CX-9 compares to other years?
Check out our Mazda CX-9 overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the CX-9.