- August 6: Mazda3 Rearview Mirror Problems Cause Recall recalls | 12 days ago
- July 25: Mazda3 Recalled To Fix Faulty Head Restraints recalls | 24 days ago
- July 21: Mazda Recalls MX-5 Miata Cars For Loose Skid Plates recalls | 28 days ago
- July 13: Mazda Water Pump Lawsuit Says Failures Cause Engine Damage news | 36 days ago
- July 11: Mazda3, Mazda6 and CX-5 Recalled For Stalling Engines recalls | 38 days ago
2012 Mazda CX-9
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The only area of real concern for 2012 Mazda CX-9 owners is the brake booster.
In 2014, Mazda extended the warranty on the 2007-2013 CX-9 brake booster to 7 years / 90,000 miles. However this extended warranty has expired for most CX-9 owners, so buyer beware.
This Mazda CX-9 brake booster failure isn't terrible in terms of repair cost — it "only" costs $550 average to fix. However it is a safety issue when the brake booster fails as it increases stopping distance. Owners have reported having to stomp on the brake pedal, & crashes/injuries have been reported due to this CX-9 brake booster defect.
Worst 2012 Mazda CX-9 Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- brakes problems34NHTSA complaints: 121
- transmission problems4
- engine problems3NHTSA complaints: 27
- exterior accessories problems1NHTSA complaints: 2
- body / paint problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- drivetrain problems1NHTSA complaints: 15
- suspension problems1NHTSA complaints: 7
- windows / windshield problems1
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 21
- electrical problemsNHTSA: 5
- steering problemsNHTSA: 4
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 4
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 4
- lights problemsNHTSA: 3
- interior accessories problemsNHTSA: 1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Mazda CX-9 Model Years
Curious how the 2012 CX-9 compares to other years?
Check out our Mazda CX-9 overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the CX-9.