- July 6: Mazda Recalls 270,000 Mazda6, Mazdaspeed6 and MPV Vehicles recalls | 45 days ago
- June 27: Mazda Recalls Its 2018 CX-5 For Airbag Problems recalls | 54 days ago
- May 25: Mazda6 Subframe Corrosion Investigated By Feds investigations | 87 days ago
Brake Power Boost Unit Failure
2012 Mazda CX-9 (Page 1 of 2)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Mazda dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The only area of real concern for 2012 Mazda CX-9 owners is the brake booster.
In 2014, Mazda extended the warranty on the 2007-2013 CX-9 brake booster to 7 years / 90,000 miles. However this extended warranty has expired for most CX-9 owners, so buyer beware.
This Mazda CX-9 brake booster failure isn't terrible in terms of repair cost — it "only" costs $550 average to fix. However it is a safety issue when the brake booster fails as it increases stopping distance. Owners have reported having to stomp on the brake pedal, & crashes/injuries have been reported due to this CX-9 brake booster defect.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 58,150 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 22 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replaced by dealership (10 reports)
- not sure (9 reports)
- replace brake booster (3 reports)