- November 12: Mazda6 Subframe Rust Investigation Closed After Recall investigations | 28 days ago
- October 24: Mazda Recalls 156,000 Vehicles Over Takata Airbags recalls | 47 days ago
- September 17: Mazda Recalls Mazda6 Cars For Rusted Cross Members recalls | 84 days ago
Brake Power Boost Unit Failure
2012 Mazda CX-9 (Page 1 of 2)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Mazda dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The only area of real concern for 2012 Mazda CX-9 owners is the brake booster.
In 2014, Mazda extended the warranty on the 2007-2013 CX-9 brake booster to 7 years / 90,000 miles. However this extended warranty has expired for most CX-9 owners, so buyer beware.
This Mazda CX-9 brake booster failure isn't terrible in terms of repair cost — it "only" costs $550 average to fix. However it is a safety issue when the brake booster fails as it increases stopping distance. Owners have reported having to stomp on the brake pedal, & crashes/injuries have been reported due to this CX-9 brake booster defect.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 64,600 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 25 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replaced by dealership (10 reports)
- not sure (9 reports)
- replace brake booster (5 reports)
- too soon to tell (1 reports)