- August 7: Mazda CX-90 SUVs Recalled For Pedestrian Alert Systems recalls | 55 days ago
- July 20: Mazda Backup Camera Recall Involves 340,000 Vehicles recalls | 73 days ago
Brake Power Boost Unit Failure
2012 Mazda CX-9 (Page 2 of 2)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Mazda dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The only area of real concern for 2012 Mazda CX-9 owners is the brake booster.
In 2014, Mazda extended the warranty on the 2007-2013 CX-9 brake booster to 7 years / 90,000 miles. However this extended warranty has expired for most CX-9 owners, so buyer beware.
This Mazda CX-9 brake booster failure isn't terrible in terms of repair cost â€” it "only" costs $550 average to fix. However it is a safety issue when the brake booster fails as it increases stopping distance. Owners have reported having to stomp on the brake pedal, & crashes/injuries have been reported due to this CX-9 brake booster defect.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 67,800 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 27 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replaced by dealership (10 reports)
- not sure (9 reports)
- replace brake booster (7 reports)
- too soon to tell (1 reports)