- June 8: Mazda3 Recall Ordered for Airbag/Seat Belt Warning Lights recalls | 9 days ago
- May 24: Mazda6 Rusted Front Cross Members Cause Another Recall recalls | 24 days ago
- May 6: Mazda CX-9 Side Curtain Airbags Deploying For No Good Reason investigations | 42 days ago
- April 21: Suzuki Recalls 2 Million Cars in Japan Over Safety Inspections news | 57 days ago
- April 14: Mazda3 Windshield Wiper Problems Cause Recall recalls | 64 days ago
2011 Mazda CX-9
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The only area of real concern for 2011 Mazda CX-9 owners is the brake booster.
In 2014, Mazda extended the warranty on the 2007-2013 CX-9 brake booster to 7 years / 90,000 miles. However this extended warranty has expired, so buyer beware.
This Mazda CX-9 brake booster failure isn't terrible in terms of repair cost — it "only" costs $550 average to fix. However it is a safety issue when the brake booster fails as it increases stopping distance. Owners have reported having to stomp on the brake pedal, & crashes/injuries have been reported due to this CX-9 brake booster defect.
Worst 2011 Mazda CX-9 Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- brakes problems14NHTSA complaints: 92
- drivetrain problems3NHTSA complaints: 19
- transmission problems3
- AC / heater problems2
- interior accessories problems2NHTSA complaints: 2
- body / paint problems1
- engine problems1NHTSA complaints: 11
- fuel system problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- wheels / hubs problems1NHTSA complaints: 4
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 18
- suspension problemsNHTSA: 6
- electrical problemsNHTSA: 4
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 4
- lights problemsNHTSA: 3
- steering problemsNHTSA: 3
Stay Up to Date
Compare Mazda CX-9 Model Years
Curious how the 2011 CX-9 compares to other years?
Check out our Mazda CX-9 overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the CX-9.