- February 13: 2006 Ford Ranger Owners Warned to Park the Trucks recalls | 35 days ago
- January 20: Mazda Recalls Mazda6, CX-7, CX-9, RX-8 and B-Series For Takata Airbags recalls | 59 days ago
- January 18: Senators Have Questions About Ford Ranger Driver Deaths From Airbags news | 61 days ago
- December 31: Nissan Used Uncertified Inspectors For Decades news | 79 days ago
- December 28: Certain Automakers Falling Behind With Automatic Emergency Braking news | 82 days ago
2011 Mazda CX-9
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The only area of real concern for 2011 Mazda CX-9 owners is the brake booster.
In 2014, Mazda extended the warranty on the 2007-2013 CX-9 brake booster to 7 years / 90,000 miles. However this extended warranty has expired, so buyer beware.
This Mazda CX-9 brake booster failure isn't terrible in terms of repair cost — it "only" costs $550 average to fix. However it is a safety issue when the brake booster fails as it increases stopping distance. Owners have reported having to stomp on the brake pedal, & crashes/injuries have been reported due to this CX-9 brake booster defect.
Worst 2011 Mazda CX-9 Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- brakes problems12NHTSA complaints: 73
- drivetrain problems3NHTSA complaints: 18
- AC / heater problems2
- interior accessories problems2NHTSA complaints: 2
- transmission problems2
- body / paint problems1
- engine problems1NHTSA complaints: 7
- fuel system problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- wheels / hubs problems1NHTSA complaints: 4
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 18
- suspension problemsNHTSA: 6
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 4
- steering problemsNHTSA: 3
- electrical problemsNHTSA: 3
- lights problemsNHTSA: 2
Stay Up to Date
Compare Mazda CX-9 Model Years
Curious how the 2011 CX-9 compares to other years?
Check out our Mazda CX-9 overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the CX-9.