- December 11: Mazda Recall Ordered For Second Time To Replace Takata Inflators recalls | 3 days ago
- December 2: 2016 Mazda CX-5 Daytime Running Lights Cause Lawsuit news | 12 days ago
- November 23: Rear Seat Belt Reminder Systems Are Still Needed news | 21 days ago
- November 23: Takata Airbag Settlements Reached in Canada news | 21 days ago
- November 20: Mazda Recalls Vehicles a Second Time Over Takata Airbags recalls | 24 days ago
2012 Mazda CX-9
Crash Test Safety Ratings
CarComplaints.com Notes: The only area of real concern for 2012 Mazda CX-9 owners is the brake booster.
In 2014, Mazda extended the warranty on the 2007-2013 CX-9 brake booster to 7 years / 90,000 miles. However this extended warranty has expired for most CX-9 owners, so buyer beware.
This Mazda CX-9 brake booster failure isn't terrible in terms of repair cost — it "only" costs $550 average to fix. However it is a safety issue when the brake booster fails as it increases stopping distance. Owners have reported having to stomp on the brake pedal, & crashes/injuries have been reported due to this CX-9 brake booster defect.