- March 7: Mazda CX-50 Recall Issued Over Trailer Wire Harnesses recalls | 21 days ago
- March 6: Mazda Water Pump Lawsuit Dismissed news | 22 days ago
- February 5: Mazda Valve Stem Seal Recall Needed, Alleges Lawsuit news | 51 days ago
- January 30: Mazda Water Pump Lawsuit: 2 Classes Decertified news | 57 days ago
- January 15: Mazda Fuel Pump Class Action Lawsuit Dismissed news | 72 days ago
2012 Mazda CX-9
CarComplaints.com Notes: The only area of real concern for 2012 Mazda CX-9 owners is the brake booster.
In 2014, Mazda extended the warranty on the 2007-2013 CX-9 brake booster to 7 years / 90,000 miles. However this extended warranty has expired for most CX-9 owners, so buyer beware.
This Mazda CX-9 brake booster failure isn't terrible in terms of repair cost — it "only" costs $550 average to fix. However it is a safety issue when the brake booster fails as it increases stopping distance. Owners have reported having to stomp on the brake pedal, & crashes/injuries have been reported due to this CX-9 brake booster defect.
2012 Mazda CX-9 Brakes Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- Brake Power Boost Unit Failure27
- Brake Hard6
- Brakes Soft1
- Going Slow, Brakes And Steering Wheel Locked Up1
- NHTSA: Service Brakes138
- NHTSA: Electronic Stability Control2
- NHTSA: Service Brakes, Hydraulic2
- NHTSA: Service Brakes, Hydraulic: Foundation Components: Master ...1
- NHTSA: Service Brakes, Hydraulic: Pedals And Linkages1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Mazda CX-9 Model Years
Curious how the 2012 CX-9 compares to other years?
Check out our Mazda CX-9 overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the CX-9.