- April 21: Suzuki Recalls 2 Million Cars in Japan Over Safety Inspections news | 0 days ago
- April 14: Mazda3 Windshield Wiper Problems Cause Recall recalls | 7 days ago
- April 14: Takata Airbag Recall Loaner Car Policies Lacking news | 7 days ago
- March 22: Certain Automakers Slacking on Automatic Emergency Braking news | 30 days ago
- February 6: Mazda MX-5 Miata Recall Issued For 14,370 Cars recalls | 74 days ago
2012 Mazda CX-9
CarComplaints.com Notes: The only area of real concern for 2012 Mazda CX-9 owners is the brake booster.
In 2014, Mazda extended the warranty on the 2007-2013 CX-9 brake booster to 7 years / 90,000 miles. However this extended warranty has expired for most CX-9 owners, so buyer beware.
This Mazda CX-9 brake booster failure isn't terrible in terms of repair cost — it "only" costs $550 average to fix. However it is a safety issue when the brake booster fails as it increases stopping distance. Owners have reported having to stomp on the brake pedal, & crashes/injuries have been reported due to this CX-9 brake booster defect.
2012 Mazda CX-9 Brakes Problems
Stay Up to Date
Compare Mazda CX-9 Model Years
Curious how the 2012 CX-9 compares to other years?
Check out our Mazda CX-9 overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the CX-9.