- February 25: Mazda CX-30 Power Liftgate Recall For 17,600 SUVs recalls | 4 days ago
- January 23: Mazda CX-9 Side Airbag Recall Allegedly Not Needed investigations | 37 days ago
- January 21: Ford and Mazda To Recall More Takata Airbag Inflators news | 39 days ago
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Mazda dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The only area of real concern for 2012 Mazda CX-9 owners is the brake booster.
In 2014, Mazda extended the warranty on the 2007-2013 CX-9 brake booster to 7 years / 90,000 miles. However this extended warranty has expired for most CX-9 owners, so buyer beware.
This Mazda CX-9 brake booster failure isn't terrible in terms of repair cost — it "only" costs $550 average to fix. However it is a safety issue when the brake booster fails as it increases stopping distance. Owners have reported having to stomp on the brake pedal, & crashes/injuries have been reported due to this CX-9 brake booster defect.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 61,450 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 6 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (3 reports)
- brake booster (2 reports)
- ABS control module (1 reports)