Mazda Recall 9816H: Air Bag Control Unit May Fail Due To Moisture
2010 Mazda MAZDA6
Failure of the ACU would illuminate the air bag warning light and prevent the air bags from deploying in the event of a crash, increasing the risk of injury.
Air Bags — Frontal — Sensor/Control Module
- Mazda North American Operations (Mazda) is recalling certain model year 2009-2010 Mazda6 vehicles manufactured February 4, 2008, to December 3, 2009. The protective coating may not have been properly applied to the air bag control unit (ACU) and, as a result, moisture may damage the unit causing it to malfunction.
- Mazda dealers will replace the ACU, free of charge, however parts are not currently available. The recall began June 2017. Owners may contact Mazda customer service at 1-800-222-5500. Mazda's number for this recall is 9816H.
- Documents (9)
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Manufacturer Reimbursement Plan
- Interim Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - DATE: October 2016 SUBJECT: 2009-2010 Mazda6 SAS Unit Concern – Safety Recall 9816H
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2017-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2017-2
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2017-4
Click a tab for more information.