- August 6: Mazda3 Rearview Mirror Problems Cause Recall recalls | 18 days ago
- July 25: Mazda3 Recalled To Fix Faulty Head Restraints recalls | 30 days ago
- July 21: Mazda Recalls MX-5 Miata Cars For Loose Skid Plates recalls | 34 days ago
- July 13: Mazda Water Pump Lawsuit Says Failures Cause Engine Damage news | 42 days ago
- July 11: Mazda3, Mazda6 and CX-5 Recalled For Stalling Engines recalls | 44 days ago
Mazda Recall 1517H: Weld Spatter May Cause OCS Fault
2016 Mazda MAZDA6
If the wiring becomes damaged, there may be a loss of power steering assist and the deactivation of the passenger air bag, increasing the risk of a crash and the risk of injury in the event of a crash.
Steering — Electric Power Assist System
Air Bags — Occupant Classification System - Ocs (Front Passenger)
- Mazda North American Operations (Mazda) is recalling certain 2016 Mazda6 vehicles. Debris from the welding process during manufacturing of the front passenger seat frame may damage the occupant classification system (OCS) wiring.
- Mazda will notify owners, and dealers will attach a protective pad on the seat frame. If the OCS harness is damaged, insulating tape will be applied to the harness. These repairs will be performed free of charge. The recall began October 26, 2017. Owners may contact Mazda customer service at 1-800-222-5500. Mazda's number for this recall is 1517H.
- Documents (12)
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- PARTS AND WARRANTY INFORMATION Recall Campaign 1517H
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - October 26, 2017 Subject: 2016 Mazda6 Occupant Classification System Harness Concern Safety Recall 1517H
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - September 5, 2017 Subject: 2015-2016 Mazda6 Occupant Classification System Harness Concern Safety Recall 1517H
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - September 5th, 2017 Subject: Recall 1517H – 2015 & 2016 Mazda6 Occupant Classification Harness Stop Delivery Notification
- Remedy Instructions and TSB
- Manufacturer Reimbursement Plan
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 2
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 1
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2017-4
Click a tab for more information.