2021 Mazda MAZDA6 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2021 Mazda MAZDA6:

2021 Mazda MAZDA6 Owner Comments

Jul 172022

MAZDA6

Excessive oil consumption. Recently purchased new vehicle with 0 miles. Oil low level warning light on at 3500 miles. Manually checked oil level. Added one quart. Online research indicates problem is created by faulty valve guide seals which allows oil into the engine combustion chamber and exhaust. Vehicle will be taken to dealership for inspection.

- The Villages, FL, USA

Jul 132022

MAZDA6

The low oil pressure light had turned on shortly after my first oil change (roughly at around 6k miles). I had the service done at a trusted service shop back in April 2021. I wrote it off mentally thinking that it was just a one off thing and that the shop may have made a mistake and underfilled the engine because of unclear specifications between the mazda6 Turbo version vs other models within the same lineup. I measured the oil and confirmed it was low and topped it off with over a half quart of oil and never bothered with it again. Six months later I return to the same shop for an oil change at 11k miles. I had no issues up until the 17k miles month mark when I am about to schedule the oil service the low oil pressure light turns on once again. I top it off and go online to see similar experiences with the same issue experienced by other drivers.

- Anaheim, CA, USA

Jul 062022

MAZDA6

Low engine oil light came on at around 13,700. Last oil change was at 10,000 miles. Checked oil dipstick, oil level slightly below first marker hole.

- Winter Haven, FL, USA

Jun 112022

MAZDA6

The issue I am experiencing is one that many are in regards to the oil consumption. My check oil light came on prematurely in regards to the recommended scheduling for these sorts of vehicles, at around 3500 miles approximately. This is a vehicle that experienced this issue under 10k miles.

- Concord, NH, USA