- July 6: Mazda Recalls 270,000 Mazda6, Mazdaspeed6 and MPV Vehicles recalls | 14 days ago
- June 27: Mazda Recalls Its 2018 CX-5 For Airbag Problems recalls | 23 days ago
- May 25: Mazda6 Subframe Corrosion Investigated By Feds investigations | 56 days ago
Mazda Recall : Mazda/FMVSS 135/Brake Stopping Distance
2001 Mazda MPV
If partial failure occurred in the braking system, the stopping distance of the vehicle could increase, increasing the risk of a crash.
Service Brakes, Hydraulic — Foundation Components — Hoses, Lines/Piping, And Fittings
- Vehicle description: Certain mini vans without anti-lock braking systems (ABS) fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard no. 135, "passenger car brake systems." Due to inappropriate brake pipe layout, these vehicles do not meet the brake stopping distance with partial failure requirements of the standard.
- Dealers will modify the brake system. Owner notification began January 15, 2002. Owners who take their vehicles to an authorized dealer on an agreed upon service date and do not receive the free remedy within a reasonable time should contact Mazda at 1-800-222-5500, option #4.
- Documents (3)
Click a tab for more information.