- September 17: Mazda Recalls Mazda6 Cars For Rusted Cross Members recalls | 1 days ago
- August 21: Mazda Says It Didn't Falsify Fuel Economy and Emissions Inspections news | 28 days ago
- July 6: Mazda Recalls 270,000 Mazda6, Mazdaspeed6 and MPV Vehicles recalls | 74 days ago
- June 27: Mazda Recalls Its 2018 CX-5 For Airbag Problems recalls | 83 days ago
Mazda Recall 1503L: Mazda/Seat Belt Buckle Cover
2001 Mazda Tribute
In the event of a crash, the seat occupant may not be properly restrained, increasing the risk of injury.
Seat Belts — Front — Buckle Assembly
- On certain sport utility vehicles, a post within the safety belt buckle covers could fracture, which could affect latch function, resulting in either a "no latch" or "partial latch" condition. In the "partial latch" condition, the buckle tongue can be inserted into the buckle and appear to be engaged, but will release from the buckle without the push button being depressed when a relatively low load is applied, such as when an occupant moves slightly in the seat.
- Dealers will have the driver and front passenger safety belt buckle cover removed and replaced with a newly designed service buckle cover. Owner notification began February 5, 2004. Owners should contact Mazda at 1-800-222-5500.
- Documents (8)
Click a tab for more information.