- November 12: Mazda6 Subframe Rust Investigation Closed After Recall investigations | 30 days ago
- October 24: Mazda Recalls 156,000 Vehicles Over Takata Airbags recalls | 49 days ago
- September 17: Mazda Recalls Mazda6 Cars For Rusted Cross Members recalls | 86 days ago
Mazda Recall : Mazda/Steering Wheel
2001 Mazda Tribute
Either of these conditions can lead to the steering wheel becoming loose or separating from the steering column, resulting in loss of steering control.
Steering — Wheel And Handle Bar
- Vehicle description: Sport utility vehicles. These vehicles may have a mis-assembled or incorrectly manufactured nut that attaches the steering wheel assembly to the steering column. The nut could be upside down in the steering wheel assembly, which could overstress the steering column shaft when the nut is tightened. In addition, some of the nuts may have been cracked during manufacture resulting in the nut fracturing when it is tightened during vehicle assembly.
- Dealers will inspect and replace the steering wheel retention armature and, if necessary, the steering column to correct this condition.
- Documents (6)
Click a tab for more information.