- September 17: Mazda Recalls Mazda6 Cars For Rusted Cross Members recalls | 4 days ago
- August 21: Mazda Says It Didn't Falsify Fuel Economy and Emissions Inspections news | 31 days ago
- July 6: Mazda Recalls 270,000 Mazda6, Mazdaspeed6 and MPV Vehicles recalls | 77 days ago
- June 27: Mazda Recalls Its 2018 CX-5 For Airbag Problems recalls | 86 days ago
Mazda Recall : Mazda/Steering Wheel
2001 Mazda Tribute
Either of these conditions can lead to the steering wheel becoming loose or separating from the steering column, resulting in loss of steering control.
Steering — Wheel And Handle Bar
- Vehicle description: Sport utility vehicles. These vehicles may have a mis-assembled or incorrectly manufactured nut that attaches the steering wheel assembly to the steering column. The nut could be upside down in the steering wheel assembly, which could overstress the steering column shaft when the nut is tightened. In addition, some of the nuts may have been cracked during manufacture resulting in the nut fracturing when it is tightened during vehicle assembly.
- Dealers will inspect and replace the steering wheel retention armature and, if necessary, the steering column to correct this condition.
- Documents (6)
Click a tab for more information.