- August 18: Mercedes-Benz Recalls 475 Vehicles in 3 Recalls recalls | 2 days ago
- August 9: Mercedes-Benz Mars Red Paint Defect Lawsuit Filed news | 11 days ago
- July 26: Mercedes-Benz Recalls C-Class Cars For Loose Trim recalls | 25 days ago
- July 16: Mercedes-Benz Recalls S-Class Cars For Risk of Fires recalls | 35 days ago
Mercedes-Benz Recall : Software Error May Disable Power Steering Assist
2016 Mercedes-Benz C300
If the vehicle experiences a loss of power steering assist, extra steering effort will be required at lower speeds, increasing the risk of a vehicle crash.
Steering — Electric Power Assist System
- Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC (MBUSA) is recalling certain model year 2016 C300 4Matic vehicles manufactured November 4, 2015, to March 1, 2016. In the affected vehicles, the electric power steering assist system may shutdown due to a software error.
- MBUSA will notify owners, and dealers will update the software for the electric power steering control unit, free of charge. The recall began January 2017. Owners may contact MBUSA customer service at 1-800-367-6372.
- Documents (10)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Defect 573 Report
- Miscellaneous Document
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2017-2
- Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2017-4
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2017-1
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2017-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2016-4
Click a tab for more information.