- October 11: Mercedes-Benz E-Class Wagons Recalled For Detaching Rear Spoilers recalls | 12 days ago
- October 5: Mercedes-Benz Recall: Driver's Airbags May Fail recalls | 18 days ago
- September 25: Mercedes-Benz Recalls GLE350 4Matic and GLE450 4Matic SUVs recalls | 28 days ago
- September 25: Mercedes-Benz Emissions Cheating Leads to Nearly $1 Billion Fine news | 28 days ago
- September 6: Mercedes-Benz NECK-PRO Lawsuit Filed as Class Action news | 47 days ago
Mercedes-Benz Recall 2015030005: Rear Side Marker Illumination/FMVSS 108
2015 Mercedes-Benz CLS63
Reduced rear side marker illumination may prevent other drivers from seeing the vehicle, increasing the risk of a crash.
- Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC. (MBUSA) is recalling certain model year 2015 CLS 400 and CLS 400 4matic, 2012-2015 CLS 550 and CLS 550 4matic, 2012-2013 CLS 63, 2014 CLS 63, and 2014-2015 CLS 63P. The affected vehicles have LED tail lights that may not light on the sides, reducing the rear side visibility of the vehicle. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) No. 108, "Lamps, Reflective Devices, and Associated Equipment."
- MBUSA will notify owners, and dealers will update the lighting controller software, free of charge. The recall began April 6, 2015. Owners may contact MBUSA customer service at 1-800-367-6372. MBUSA's number for this recall is 2015030005.
- Documents (11)
- Remedy Instructions and TSB
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)
- Remedy Instructions and TSB - Revised April 6, 2015
- Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q2
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q4
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q3
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2016-Q1
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Non-Compliance Notice 573 Report/FMVSS 108
- Recall Quarterly Report #6, 2016-3
Click a tab for more information.