- March 23: Mercedes-Benz Sprinter VS30 Recalled Over Fog Lights recalls | 3 days ago
- March 22: Certain Automakers Slacking on Automatic Emergency Braking news | 4 days ago
- February 21: Recall: Stop Driving Your 2019 Mercedes-Benz Sprinter VS30 recalls | 33 days ago
- February 21: Mercedes-Benz Recalls C43 and C300 Vehicles recalls | 33 days ago
- January 9: Mercedes-Benz BlueTEC Lawsuit Filed by Arizona news | 76 days ago
Mercedes-Benz Recall 2015050005: Oil May Leak From Chain Tensioner Gasket
2015 Mercedes-Benz E250
Leaking oil may drip onto a hot engine surface, increasing the risk of a fire. Additionally, the leaking oil may be a road hazard for other vehicles, increasing the risk of a crash.
Engine And Engine Cooling — Engine — Diesel
- Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC (Mercedes) is recalling certain model year 2015 E250 BlueTec vehicles manufactured November 3, 2014, to December 15, 2014, E250 BlueTec 4Matic vehicles manufactured November 4, 2014, December 17, 2014, GLK250 vehicles manufactured November 13, 2014, to January 30, 2015, and 2015 ML250 BlueTec vehicles manufactured December 12, 2014, to February 9, 2015. In the affected vehicles, oil may leak from around the chain tensioner gasket area.
- Mercedes will notify owners, and dealers will replace the chain tensioner gasket, free of charge. The recall began on June 23, 2015. Owners may contact Mercedes customer service at 1-800-367-6372. Mercedes' number for this recall is 2015050005. Note: This is an expansion of NHTSA recall 14V-762.
- Documents (10)
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q2
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q4
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2016-Q1
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q3
- Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2016-2
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - DATE: June 5, 2015 RE: Recall Campaign 2015050005
- Recall Quarterly Report #6, 2016-3
Click a tab for more information.