- August 18: Mercedes-Benz Recalls 475 Vehicles in 3 Recalls recalls | 1 days ago
- August 9: Mercedes-Benz Mars Red Paint Defect Lawsuit Filed news | 10 days ago
- July 26: Mercedes-Benz Recalls C-Class Cars For Loose Trim recalls | 24 days ago
- July 16: Mercedes-Benz Recalls S-Class Cars For Risk of Fires recalls | 34 days ago
Mercedes-Benz Recall : Engine May Shut Down Due To ECU Software
2016 Mercedes-Benz GLE450
If the engine shuts down unintentionally, there may be an increased risk of a crash.
Electrical System — Software
- Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC. (MBUSA) is recalling certain model year 2016 GLE450 AMG 4Matic Coupe vehicles manufactured December 10, 2014, to June 6, 2016. An error within the engine control unit (ECU) software may allow the engine to shut-down while the vehicle is braking, possibly confusing the driver into thinking the shut-down was planned due to the ECO start/stop function.
- MBUSA will notify owners, and dealers will update the ECU software, free of charge. The recall began August 2016. Owners may contact MBUSA customer service at 1-800-367-6372.
- Documents (10)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Recall Acknowledgement
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2017-2
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2016-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #6, 2017-4
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2017-1
- Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2017-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2016-4
Click a tab for more information.