- March 23: Mercedes-Benz Sprinter VS30 Recalled Over Fog Lights recalls | 3 days ago
- March 22: Certain Automakers Slacking on Automatic Emergency Braking news | 4 days ago
- February 21: Recall: Stop Driving Your 2019 Mercedes-Benz Sprinter VS30 recalls | 33 days ago
- February 21: Mercedes-Benz Recalls C43 and C300 Vehicles recalls | 33 days ago
- January 9: Mercedes-Benz BlueTEC Lawsuit Filed by Arizona news | 76 days ago
Mercedes-Benz Recall : Engine May Shut Down Due To ECU Software
2016 Mercedes-Benz GLE450
If the engine shuts down unintentionally, there may be an increased risk of a crash.
Electrical System — Software
- Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC. (MBUSA) is recalling certain model year 2016 GLE450 AMG 4Matic Coupe vehicles manufactured December 10, 2014, to June 6, 2016. An error within the engine control unit (ECU) software may allow the engine to shut-down while the vehicle is braking, possibly confusing the driver into thinking the shut-down was planned due to the ECO start/stop function.
- MBUSA will notify owners, and dealers will update the ECU software, free of charge. The recall began August 2016. Owners may contact MBUSA customer service at 1-800-367-6372.
- Documents (10)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Recall Acknowledgement
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2017-2
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2016-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #6, 2017-4
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2017-1
- Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2017-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2016-4
Click a tab for more information.