- October 11: Mercedes-Benz E-Class Wagons Recalled For Detaching Rear Spoilers recalls | 9 days ago
- October 5: Mercedes-Benz Recall: Driver's Airbags May Fail recalls | 15 days ago
- September 25: Mercedes-Benz Recalls GLE350 4Matic and GLE450 4Matic SUVs recalls | 25 days ago
- September 25: Mercedes-Benz Emissions Cheating Leads to Nearly $1 Billion Fine news | 25 days ago
- September 6: Mercedes-Benz NECK-PRO Lawsuit Filed as Class Action news | 44 days ago
Mercedes-Benz Recall : Engine May Shut Down Due To ECU Software
2016 Mercedes-Benz GLE450
If the engine shuts down unintentionally, there may be an increased risk of a crash.
Electrical System — Software
- Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC. (MBUSA) is recalling certain model year 2016 GLE450 AMG 4Matic Coupe vehicles manufactured December 10, 2014, to June 6, 2016. An error within the engine control unit (ECU) software may allow the engine to shut-down while the vehicle is braking, possibly confusing the driver into thinking the shut-down was planned due to the ECO start/stop function.
- MBUSA will notify owners, and dealers will update the ECU software, free of charge. The recall began August 2016. Owners may contact MBUSA customer service at 1-800-367-6372.
- Documents (10)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Recall Acknowledgement
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2017-2
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2016-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #6, 2017-4
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2017-1
- Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2017-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2016-4
Click a tab for more information.