- April 17: Mercedes-Benz Sunroof Shattered, Says California Plaintiff news | 2 days ago
- April 10: Mercedes-Benz Recalls C43, C300, C63 and E400 Vehicles recalls | 9 days ago
- March 19: Mercedes-Benz Air Conditioner Problems Keep Lawsuit Moving news | 31 days ago
- March 18: Investigation: 2016 Mercedes-Benz Metris Gas Leaks investigations | 32 days ago
- February 20: Mercedes-Benz Possibly Caught Using Emissions 'Defeat Devices' news | 58 days ago
Mercedes-Benz Recall MFR ID Code: Rear Drive Shaft May Loosen And Separate
2016 Mercedes-Benz GLE450
If the drive shaft separates, the vehicle will stall, increasing the risk of a vehicle crash.
Power Train — Driveline — Driveshaft
- Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC. (MBUSA) is recalling certain model year 2016 GLE450 AMG 4Matic coupes and GLE63 AMG S 4Matic coupes manufactured December 10, 2014, to April 29, 2015. The affected vehicles may be equipped with rear drive shaft bolt fasteners that may loosen and result in the rear drive shaft separating from the transmission or the rear axle differential.
- MBUSA will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the bolt fasteners, tightening them as necessary, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin in mid-November 2015. Owners may contact MBUSA customer service at 1-800-367-6372.
- Documents (7)
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q4
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2016-Q1
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - RE:Recall Campaign 2015110004 – Drive Shaft Bolts. Model 292 (GLE Coupe AMG 63 S 4MATIC, GLE450 AMG 4MATIC) Model Year 2016 DATE: November 20, 2015
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2016-2
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2016-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #6, 2017-1
Click a tab for more information.