- August 18: Mercedes-Benz Recalls 475 Vehicles in 3 Recalls recalls | 31 days ago
- August 9: Mercedes-Benz Mars Red Paint Defect Lawsuit Filed news | 40 days ago
- July 26: Mercedes-Benz Recalls C-Class Cars For Loose Trim recalls | 54 days ago
- July 16: Mercedes-Benz Recalls S-Class Cars For Risk of Fires recalls | 64 days ago
Mercedes-Benz Recall : Mercedes Benz/FMVSS 208/Seat Belt Chime
2002 Mercedes-Benz ML500
If the driver buckles his seat belt prior to starting the vehicle, the chime will not sound at all when the vehicle is started.
Seat Belts — Front — Warning Light/Devices
- Certain passenger vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard no. 208, S7.3, "occupant crash protection." The seat belt chimes may not function as designed and is not consistent with the requirements of the standard.
- Dealers will inspect the vehicles to ensure that the seat belt chime operates as required by the standard. Owner notification began September 25, 2002. Owners who do not receive the free instructions within a reasonable time should contact Mercedes-Benz at 1-201-573-0117.
- Documents (4)
Click a tab for more information.