- January 3: Mercedes-Benz Red Paint Lawsuit Settlement Reached news | 19 days ago
- December 27: Mercedes-Benz AMG GT Hubcaps Keep Falling Off recalls | 26 days ago
- December 27: Mercedes-Benz HVAC Settlement Final news | 26 days ago
- November 18: Recall: Mercedes-Benz Instrument Clusters recalls | 65 days ago
- November 6: Mercedes-Benz GLE-Class Cars Recalled recalls | 77 days ago
Mercedes-Benz Recall 2018080001: Electrical Power Bars In Pre-Fuse Box May Be Loose
2018 Mercedes-Benz S450
If the power bars are not properly secured, it can cause higher electrical resistance increasing the risk of a fire. Additionally, an intermittent contact between the power bars could lead to a loss of vehicle functions. The engine operation, the seat belt functions and the instrument cluster could be impaired, increasing the risk of a crash and injuries.
- Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC. (MBUSA) is recalling certain 2018 Mercedes-Maybach S560 and S560 4Matic and Mercedes S450 4Matic, S450, S560, S560 4Matic, and S560 Coupe 4Matic vehicles. The electrical power bars inside the pre-fuse box in the trunk may not have been secured properly.
- MBUSA will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the pre-fuse box, replacing it as necessary, free of charge. The recall began August 30, 2018. Owners may contact MBUSA customer service at 1-800-367-6372. MBUSA's number for this recall is 2018080001.
- Documents (13)
- ISSUED Interim Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)- RE: Recall Campaign Initial Notification - Missing Nuts on Prefuse Box - MY18 217 222 (S-Class Coupe, S-Class)
- Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Recall 573 Report - AMENDMENT 1
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)- RE: Recall Campaign Launch Notification 2018080001 Replace Prefuse Box MY18 217 222 (S-Class Coupe, S-Class)
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2018-4
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2019-1
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2018-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2019-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #6, 2019-4
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2019-2
Click a tab for more information.