- January 10: Mercedes-Benz Coolant Pump Recall To Be Announced recalls | 12 days ago
- December 30: Mercedes-Benz Sprinters Recalled Over Fire Risk recalls | 23 days ago
- December 29: Mercedes-Benz Recalls S500, S580 and Maybach S580 recalls | 24 days ago
- October 27: Mercedes-Benz Rear Windows May Fly Off and Away recalls | 87 days ago
Mercedes-Benz Preliminary Evaluation PE05051: BRAKE LAMP FAILURE
2004 Mercedes-Benz SLK230
BRAKE LAMP FAILURE
Exterior Lighting:Brake Lights
- In its letter dated October 28, 2005, Mercedes-Benz usa stated that it would conduct a safety recall to remedy defective brake lamp assemblies in model year 1998 through 2004 Mercedes Benz slk vehicles.the base of the brake lamp socket can be subject to thermal deformation over time.this deformation can cause movement in the socket-to-bulb connection, which may lead to a loosening of the electrical contacts in the socket, and failure of the bulb to illuminate.all rear lamp modules (which contain brake, turn signal, tail and backup lamps) will be replaced with redesigned rear lamp modules with a more heat resistant material and enhanced socket holder design to withstand the heat inside the rear lamp module.see NHTSA recall no. 05V505 for more information.
- Documents (4)
Click a tab for more information.