- August 18: Mercedes-Benz Recalls 475 Vehicles in 3 Recalls recalls | 62 days ago
- August 9: Mercedes-Benz Mars Red Paint Defect Lawsuit Filed news | 71 days ago
- July 26: Mercedes-Benz Recalls C-Class Cars For Loose Trim recalls | 85 days ago
Mercedes-Benz Recall 2002 110014: Mercedes-Benz/Trunk Floor Mats/Static Discharge
2001 Mercedes-Benz SLK320
This can damage the electrical system components located in the trunk, including the vehicle's battery.
Electrical System — Battery
- On certain passenger vehicles, excessive static build-up in the trunk floor mats can cause a static discharge when individuals move or remove items from the trunk compartment.
- Dealers will install a static insulation panel between the carpet and the vehicle battery which will provide an electrical grounding. Owner notification began February 14, 2003. Owners who take their vehicles to an authorized dealer on an agreed upon service date and do not receive the free remedy within a reasonable time should contact Mercedes-Benz at 1-800-367-6372.
- Documents (7)
Click a tab for more information.