- April 17: Mercedes-Benz Sunroof Shattered, Says California Plaintiff news | 10 days ago
- April 10: Mercedes-Benz Recalls C43, C300, C63 and E400 Vehicles recalls | 17 days ago
- March 19: Mercedes-Benz Air Conditioner Problems Keep Lawsuit Moving news | 39 days ago
- March 18: Investigation: 2016 Mercedes-Benz Metris Gas Leaks investigations | 40 days ago
- February 20: Mercedes-Benz Possibly Caught Using Emissions 'Defeat Devices' news | 66 days ago
Mercedes-Benz Recall 2002 110014: Mercedes-Benz/Trunk Floor Mats/Static Discharge
2001 Mercedes-Benz SLK320
This can damage the electrical system components located in the trunk, including the vehicle's battery.
Electrical System — Battery
- On certain passenger vehicles, excessive static build-up in the trunk floor mats can cause a static discharge when individuals move or remove items from the trunk compartment.
- Dealers will install a static insulation panel between the carpet and the vehicle battery which will provide an electrical grounding. Owner notification began February 14, 2003. Owners who take their vehicles to an authorized dealer on an agreed upon service date and do not receive the free remedy within a reasonable time should contact Mercedes-Benz at 1-800-367-6372.
- Documents (7)
Click a tab for more information.