- July 17: Ford Takata Class-Action Lawsuit Receives Preliminary Approval news | 2 days ago
- June 20: NHTSA Denies Petition to Investigate Ford and Mercury SUVs investigations | 29 days ago
- April 22: Ford Fusion and Mercury Milan Soft Brake Pedals Investigated investigations | 88 days ago
Mercury Recall 01S03: Ford/Brake Lamp Switch
1999 Mercury Cougar
This could cause either a loss of brake lamp function or continuously illuminated brake lamps, increasing the risk of a crash.
Exterior Lighting — Brake Lights — Switch
- Vehicle description: Passenger vehicles. The brake lamp switch terminals could overheat.
- Dealers will install a new stop lamp extension harness with bronze terminals at the brake lamp switch connector, and also inspect the brake lamp switch for signs of overheating and replace, as required. Owner notification began March 22, 2001. Owners who take their vehicles to an authorized dealer on an agreed upon service date and do not receive the free remedy within a reasonable time should contact Ford at 1-800-392-3673.
- Documents (5)
Click a tab for more information.