- July 17: Ford Takata Class-Action Lawsuit Receives Preliminary Approval news | 3 days ago
- June 20: NHTSA Denies Petition to Investigate Ford and Mercury SUVs investigations | 30 days ago
- April 22: Ford Fusion and Mercury Milan Soft Brake Pedals Investigated investigations | 89 days ago
Mercury Recall 99S18: Ford/Secondary Hood Latch
1999 Mercury Mountaineer
If this occurs and the primary hood latch is either not engaged or is released, a hood fly-up could occur.
Latches/Locks/Linkages — Hood — Latch
- Vehicle description: Sport utility vehicles. The secondary hood latch may corrode at the latch pivot and stick in the open position.
- Dealers will install a secondary hood latch with components that are coated prior to assembly for improved latch pivot corrosion protection.
- Documents (4)
Click a tab for more information.