Pontiac Preliminary Evaluation PE05063: ELECTRICAL HARNESS DAMAGE
2005 Pontiac Montana
ELECTRICAL HARNESS DAMAGE
Electrical System:Wiring:Front Underhood
Electrical System:Wiring:Fuses And Circuit Breakers
- The Office Of Defects Investigation opened this investigation on November 29, 2005, based on one consumer report to ODI and a technical service bulletin issued by General Motors.the bulletin, no. 1613174, issued on February 21, 2005, states in part, "some customers may report a stall and/or no crank, no start condition after the wipers are used."analysis of the available data indicates that the problem experience occurs early in the life of the vehicle.approximately 80% of all failures occurred within the first 3,000 miles.additionally, 88% of the complaint vehicles were built in the first half of production.changes to the production process, the issuance of the service bulletin, and component modifications, appear to have resolved this issue. A safety related defect has not been identified at this time and further use of Agency resources does not appear to be warranted.accordingly, this investigation is closed. The closing of this investigation does not constitute a finding by NHTSA that a safety-related defect does not exist.the Agency will take further action if warranted by the circumstances.
- Documents (6)
- IR TO MFR (GMC) J.A. 12/05/06 RESCANNED ON 8/02/06
- IR TO MFR*12/13/2005*P
- CLOSING RESUME APPROVED (GM) ELECTRICAL HARNESS DAMAGE -J.A. * 3/06/06 * P
- GM 1/25/2006 LETTER TO ODI, RECEIVED IN ODI 1/27/06
- MEMO 1/25/2006 TO TIS, ONE CD, GM 1/25/2006 ATTACHMENT 1
- OPENING RESUME APPROVED GM HARNESS JA * 11/29/2005 * P
Click a tab for more information.