2011 Porsche Boxster accessories - interior problems: music system is not working properly

Music System Is Not Working Properly

2011 Porsche Boxster

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Porsche dealer.

1. replace the amplifier (1 reports)
2011 Porsche Boxster accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Porsche Boxster:

2011 Porsche Boxster Owner Comments

Oct 012011

Boxster S 3.4L

I had purchased my Porsche Boxster S in April 2011. Being my first Porsche, I was really excited. Everything was working fine till the morning of 12'th August, 2011, when during a rainfall, the rainwater seeped into my parked car, causing several malfunctions. This was the beginning of nightmare. Though the problem was claimed to be rectified, I was never satisfied with the solution. I am attaching two important emails which were exchanged with the Indian Team. I wanted my car to be replaced as the entire roof had broken, the Electronic Cards/Systems had short-circuitedā€¦. However, they were unable to replace my car and instead, Extended the Warranty and assured me of Steady performance post repairs. I got my car back post repairs sometime in October mid/end.

Since the repair of my car in September 2011, post water leakage, I had a feeling that the Subwoofer/Rear Surround Speakers (Bose Surrounds) of the car is not working properly. I performed a thorough check for about a month and realized that the output of the SubWoofer/Rear speakers is quite low. The sound quality has significantly dropped. I suspect that the card might be damaged from the water seepageā€¦ One month back, My Car was at Porsche Service Centre for its first Service and somehow I am not satisfied with their response. I really require your assistance as I am tired of following up these issues with the Local Teams, especially as there is no reply since past 2-3 months. Even your website in India has pulled off and all the contacts have disappeared. There is simply no way to contact Porsche Officially. When you invest into a car like Porsche, you invest into quality, Service & experience. Unfortunately, the entire issue of Volkswagen/Porsche Merger has affected Indian Operations quite severely and the whole experience is turning out to be extremely frustrating & harrowing, so much that I am planning to explore legal action.

- Bharat G., Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh, India