Saab Recall 14222, 15027: Front Driver's Side Seat Belt Retractor May Fail
2008 Saab 9-3
In the event of a crash, a seat belt that has not retracted may not properly restrain the seat occupant, increasing their risk of injury.
Seat Belts — Front — Retractor
- General Motors LLC (GM) is recalling certain model year 2004-2011 Saab 9-3 Convertible vehicles manufactured July 30, 2003, to February 15, 2011. In the affected vehicles, the driver's side front seat belt retractor may break, causing the seat belt webbing not to retract.
- GM will notify owners, and dealers will replace the driver's seat belt retractor, free of charge. The recall began on October 6, 2015. Owners may contact Saab customer service at 1-800-955-9007. GM's number for this recall is 14222. Note: Special Coverage 10086 will replace the passenger side seat belt retractor if it fails, free of charge, for the life of the vehicle.
- Documents (10)
- Defect Notice(Part 573)
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2016-1
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-4 & 2016-1 - Amended
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2016-Q1
- Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Remedy Instructions and TSB - SAAB Campaign ID: 14222/15027 Date: July 2015 Issue No: 1
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2016-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #5 2016-4
- Recall Quarterly Report #6, 2017-1
Click a tab for more information.