6.0

2017 Subaru Crosstrek engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2017 Subaru Crosstrek:

2017 Subaru Crosstrek Owner Comments

Feb 212018

Crosstrek

Pulling into my garage in my apartment complex. 7 MPH vehicle had unintended acceleration and engine revved and slammed into garage wall. Brakes did not stop the car from accelerating and lunging forwards. Crash was significant and airbags did not deploy. Physically suffered blunt force trauma from hitting steering wheel and fractured, dented and chipped my sternum. Excruciating pain and admitted to ER.

The Subaru customer service rep indicates they needed the Black Box and for me to sign off to investigate the accident. However, there is no guarantee the incident will be investigated by quality control department and if it does in fact make it to that level of attention no guarantee I will get a copy of the report and what caused the issues.

This car is a leased vehicle, no opportunity to get out of the lease unless I pay $6,000 plus to terminate lease. 6 months later still in pain from the accident and have no other options but to drive a car that is unsafe or unsure why this vehicle lunged forward with out any opportunity to stop.

- Donna R., Ossining, US