5.0

2018 Subaru Crosstrek windows / windshield problems

windows / windshield problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2018 Subaru Crosstrek:

2018 Subaru Crosstrek Owner Comments

Sep 052018

Crosstrek Limited 2.0L

• CVT transmission

click to see larger images

cracked windshield cracked windshield

My Subaru XV, 2018, with 3,600 km and 3 months of use, already has 2 cracks in the windscreen. It seems that any object that hits the windshield, will break it. I'm already worried about riding the car. Do other users have the same problem?

- Felipe S., Rio de Janeiro, RJ, Brazil

May 022018

Crosstrek Limited 2.0L

• CVT transmission

I was driving at I-287 at 65mph and suddenly I hear a chirp sound and I knew I was hit by small remnant rock on my lower part of my windshield along passenger side. I did not see any noticeable cracks on my windshield on my way to work. After 5hrs of parking at 89*F outside, I was surprise to see the 8inches of line coming from the area that was hit by the rock.

I knew the poor quality of glass will hit me someday because every time small rocks hit my windshield, I already fear it would break it because you will notice on how they sound and bounce off. It feels very thin and road noise is easily heard inside the car. And that day that I fear happened yesterday. I called Subaru and checked with them if this is a known issue among their cars, which obviously they denied it immediately. I asked them to log my complaints for other consumers to see how poor the glass is that they are using these days...

- Hen H., Highland Park, NJ, US