2011 Subaru Forester seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Subaru Forester:

2011 Subaru Forester Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Feb 012019

Forester

Takata recall have not found a dealership willing to replace. If they will not fix will they buy back my car. I have been unable to drive a passenger in my car

- High Point, NC, USA

May 042019

Forester

Takata recall- local dealership is being difficult in trying to resolve having passenger air bag replaced. Also Subaru of America has been slow to step in and help

- High Point, NC, USA

Apr 242019

Forester

Takata recall - called dealer to schedule fix for recall, and was told that they could not schedule me until June 24, and until then I should not have anyone in my passenger seat. They said the delay was because there were so many cars that needed to be fixed they could not schedule anyone until at least then. That is unacceptable.

- Columbia, MD, USA

Feb 252019

Forester

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2011 Subaru Forester. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 19V009000 (air bags). Carr Subaru (located at 11635 sw canyon rd, beaverton, or 97005, (503) 672-3370) was unable to provide a date sooner than July 19, 2019 to have the vehicle repaired. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time to have the vehicle repaired. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Portland, OR, USA

Feb 012019

Forester 4-cyl

2011 Subaru Forester. Consumer writes in regards to takata airbag safety recall.

- Amherst, VA, USA

Jan 092019

Forester

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2011 Subaru Forester. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 19V009000 (air bags). The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The contact called two local dealers: Grand Prix Subaru (500 S broadway, hicksville, NY 11801, (516) 336-4711) and hassett Subaru (3520 sunrise hwy, wantagh, NY 11793, 516-785-7800) and was informed that the parts were on backorder until August 9, 2019. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was contacted and did not assist. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Wantagh, NY, USA

Feb 152018

Forester

The contact owns a 2011 Subaru Forester. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 19V008000 (air bags) and 14V830000 (service brakes, hydraulic). The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. John howard Subaru (1730 mileground rd, morgantown, wv 26505, (866) 219-7316) was contacted and confirmed that the parts were not available for the recall remedy. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue and was not able to confirm when the parts were to become available. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Union Town, WV, USA

Jan 092019

Forester

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2011 Subaru Forester. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 19V009000 (air bags). The manufacturer was made aware of the issue and was not able to confirm when the parts were to become available. The dealer was not contacted. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Rensselaer, NY, USA

Jan 172018

Forester

Takata recall: I asked my local dealership in san francisco to schedule the repair, and there is a 9 to 12 months wait list. They are basically refusing to do the repairs.

- San Francisco, CA, USA

Jun 012016

Forester

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2011 Subaru Forester. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V358000 (air bags). The parts to do the repair were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The dealer was not contacted. The manufacturer stated that no takata recall repairs would be performed until October due to a court case. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Tuscan, AZ, USA

Jul 012016

Forester

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2011 Subaru Forester. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V358000(air bags); however, the part for the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The contact had not experienced a failure. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Myrtle Beach, SC, USA

Jul 272016

Forester

Takata recall: I was notified on July 27, 2016 by Subaru that the front passenger seat air bag needed to be replaced in my vehicle. Since that date no one has been able to ride in the passenger seat which has caused a major inconvenience when I drive my car. Is there any time line on the replacement of the air bag? thank you. James tilley

- Livermore, CA, USA

Forester

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2011 Subaru Forester. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V358000 (air bags) and stated that the part needed for the repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Dpo, AA, USA

Jul 012016

Forester

Takata recall several months ago we received a recall letter about airbags letter said Subaru would contact us about scheduling appt to replace no notice came and I called dealership they said parts were in short supply and that I would be put on long wait list I asked why we were not told to get on list dealer said Subaru was supposed to provide list of recalls and did not do that if I had known I needed to get on list I would have called months ago now I face another several months of not being able to use the passenger side of my car I understand parts shortages but if I had not called I never would have gotten on list Subaru sold me a car that will only allow the driver to sit in the front seat and now says there will be more months before this is remedied somebody has failed in this process and I am disappointed in Subaru

- Monroeville, AL, USA

Forester

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2011 Subaru Forester. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V358000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Weaverville, NC, USA

Jun 012016

Forester

Takata recall. My Subaru dealer is telling me that the replacement parts / air bag is not available until end of year. They directed me to their 1-800 number but I keep on being place on hold and can't get thru. I have a family of 4 and it's been extremely inconvenient to not be able to have sit a front passenger. When will the parts be available" what are my rights as a vehicle owner? is there anyway to expedite the replacement"

- Emeryville, CA, USA

Jul 252016

Forester

Takata recall no response from Subaru. I cannot have a front seat passanger-possible injury or death. What can I do?

- Riverside, CA, USA

Jul 112016

Forester

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2011 Subaru Forester. The contact received a recall notice for NHTSA campaign number: 16V358000 (air bags); however, the parts to do the repair were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Mckinney, TX, USA

Forester

Takata recall. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 16V358000 (air bags) and 12V099000 (seat belts). The part to do the repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Camarillo, CA, USA

Jul 222016

Forester

Takata recall. I was notified of this recall several weeks ago and told that the parts are not available. The notification told me not to use the front passenger seat until whenever the parts might become available (when" months? years"). meanwhile I cannot use the vehicle as intended as a 5 seat family car. Is this not a violation of implied warranty of merchantability? I want to use the car for the purpose for which is was sold and not be told that I have to stop using it for that purpose with no indication of when, if ever, this problem will be solved. Subaru needs to step up and get this taken care of.

- Des Moines, IA, USA