- March 19: VW Beetles and Beetle Convertibles Recalled For Software Problems recalls | 4 days ago
- March 15: Volkswagen Charged by the SEC For Defrauding Investors news | 8 days ago
- February 26: Volkswagen + Takata = Recall recalls | 25 days ago
- February 19: VW Recalls Atlas, Golf SportWagen and Jetta For Coil Springs recalls | 32 days ago
- February 10: Electric Car Range Decreases in Cold Temps news | 41 days ago
Volkswagen Recall 87F9: A/C Drain Tube Causing Air Bag Malfunction
2018 Volkswagen Atlas
The wet air bag control module may result in an unintentional deployment of the air bags, increasing the risk of injury or crash.
Air Bags — Air Bag Control Module
- Volkswagen Group of America, Inc. (Volkswagen) is recalling certain 2018 Volkswagen Atlas vehicles. During production, the air conditioning system drain tube may have been twisted, causing water to drain into the air bag control module.
- Volkswagen will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the air conditioning drain tube, and if it is twisted, the drain tube and air bag control module will be replaced, free of charge. Some of the affected vehicles have had their drain tube previously replaced but did not receive a new air bag control module; the airbag control module will be replaced in these vehicles. The recall began September 14, 2018. Owners may contact Volkswagen customer service at 1-800-893-5298. Volkswagen's number for this recall is 87F9.
Click a tab for more information.