- November 11: Audi and VW Recall Will Replace Rearview Cameras recalls | 23 days ago
- November 4: VW Recalls Vehicles Over Tire Pressure Monitoring System Problems recalls | 30 days ago
- October 19: Audi Q5 and VW Atlas Engines May Need to be Replaced recalls | 46 days ago
- October 17: Porsche Fuel Economy Settlement Information news | 48 days ago
- October 8: VW Atlas Fuel Injector Issues: Investigation Closed investigations | 57 days ago
Volkswagen Recall 46H6: Brake Caliper Bracket Bolts May Be Loose
2018 Volkswagen Atlas
The loose brake bracket bolts can allow the caliper to move, reducing braking ability or causing a loss of vehicle control and increasing the risk of a crash.
Service Brakes, Hydraulic — Foundation Components — Disc — Caliper
- Volkswagen Group of America, Inc. (Volkswagen) is recalling certain 2018 Volkswagen Atlas and 2017-2018 Volkswagen Passat vehicles. The brake caliper bracket mounting bolts on these vehicles may not have been tightened sufficiently.
- Volkswagen will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the brake caliper bracket bolt tightness, replacing and re-torque the bolts as necessary, free of charge. Additionally brake caliper fasteners, bleeder valve, and brake hose bolts will be checked and torqued to the correct specification, if necessary, free of charge. For Passat vehicles, dealers will also inspect the parking brake cable for proper connection, free of charge. The recall began September 14, 2018. Owners may contact Volkswagen customer service at 1-800-893-5298. Volkswagen's number for this recall is 46H6.
- Documents (15)
- Remedy Instructions and TSB
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2018-4
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2018-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2019-1
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Recall 573 Report - AMENDMENT 1
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577) - PRI
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Date: August 27, 2018 Repair available – Safety Recall 46H6 / Brake Caliper Carrier (Bracket) Bolt Torque
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2019-2
- Recall Quarterly Report #6, 2019-4
- Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2019-3
Click a tab for more information.