- December 23: VW Beetles Recalled To Replace Takata Airbags recalls | 30 days ago
- December 19: VW Emissions Class Action Lawsuit Dismissed news | 34 days ago
- December 3: VW Infotainment System Recall Related To Cameras recalls | 50 days ago
- November 30: VW Atlas and Atlas Cross Sport SUVs Recalled For 2 Problems recalls | 53 days ago
- November 29: Volkswagen Tiguans Recalled To Replace Seat Belts recalls | 54 days ago
Volkswagen Recall 46H6: Brake Caliper Bracket Bolts May Be Loose
2018 Volkswagen Atlas
The loose brake bracket bolts can allow the caliper to move, reducing braking ability or causing a loss of vehicle control and increasing the risk of a crash.
Service Brakes, Hydraulic — Foundation Components — Disc — Caliper
- Volkswagen Group of America, Inc. (Volkswagen) is recalling certain 2018 Volkswagen Atlas and 2017-2018 Volkswagen Passat vehicles. The brake caliper bracket mounting bolts on these vehicles may not have been tightened sufficiently.
- Volkswagen will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the brake caliper bracket bolt tightness, replacing and re-torque the bolts as necessary, free of charge. Additionally brake caliper fasteners, bleeder valve, and brake hose bolts will be checked and torqued to the correct specification, if necessary, free of charge. For Passat vehicles, dealers will also inspect the parking brake cable for proper connection, free of charge. The recall began September 14, 2018. Owners may contact Volkswagen customer service at 1-800-893-5298. Volkswagen's number for this recall is 46H6.
- Documents (15)
- Remedy Instructions and TSB
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2018-4
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2018-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2019-1
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Recall 573 Report - AMENDMENT 1
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577) - PRI
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Date: August 27, 2018 Repair available – Safety Recall 46H6 / Brake Caliper Carrier (Bracket) Bolt Torque
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2019-2
- Recall Quarterly Report #6, 2019-4
- Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2019-3
Click a tab for more information.