- August 24: Audi Volkswagen Korea and Porsche Korea Busted Again news | 0 days ago
- August 23: Volkswagen Recalls 679,000 Vehicles For Rollaway Risk recalls | 1 days ago
- August 8: Volkswagen CC Tire Cupping Class Action Lawsuit Settlement news | 16 days ago
- July 30: Volkswagen Recalls CCs and Tiguans For Airbag Failures recalls | 25 days ago
- July 2: VW Recalls Atlas and Passat Vehicles To Fix Headlights recalls | 53 days ago
Volkswagen Recall 46H6: Brake Caliper Bracket Bolts May Be Loose
2018 Volkswagen Atlas
The loose brake bracket bolts can allow the caliper to move, reducing braking ability or causing a loss of vehicle control and increasing the risk of a crash.
Service Brakes, Hydraulic — Foundation Components — Disc — Caliper
- Volkswagen Group of America, Inc. (Volkswagen) is recalling certain 2018 Volkswagen Atlas and 2017-2018 Volkswagen Passat vehicles. The brake caliper bracket mounting bolts on these vehicles may not have been tightened sufficiently.
- Volkswagen will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the brake caliper bracket bolt tightness, replacing and re-torque the bolts as necessary, free of charge. Additionally brake caliper fasteners, bleeder valve, and brake hose bolts will be checked and torqued to the correct specification, if necessary, free of charge. For Passat vehicles, dealers will also inspect the parking brake cable for proper connection, free of charge. The recall began September 14, 2018. Owners may contact Volkswagen customer service at 1-800-893-5298. Volkswagen's number for this recall is 46H6.
Click a tab for more information.