- March 19: VW Beetles and Beetle Convertibles Recalled For Software Problems recalls | 0 days ago
- March 15: Volkswagen Charged by the SEC For Defrauding Investors news | 4 days ago
- February 26: Volkswagen + Takata = Recall recalls | 21 days ago
- February 19: VW Recalls Atlas, Golf SportWagen and Jetta For Coil Springs recalls | 28 days ago
- February 10: Electric Car Range Decreases in Cold Temps news | 37 days ago
Volkswagen Recall 69X1: Certain Child Seats May Damage Seat Belt Buckles
2018 Volkswagen Atlas
A damaged seat belt buckle can release unexpectedly, increasing the risk of injury in a crash.
Seat Belts — Rear — Buckle Assembly
- Volkswagen Group of America, Inc. (Volkswaen) is recalling certain 2018 Volkswagen Atlas vehicles. The owner's manuals provided with the affected vehicles do not inform the customers about the child restraint size limitation/restrictions for the second row center seating position. As a result, the center and adjacent outboard seat belt buckles on the second row can become damaged it a child seat base is installed that is wider than 12.6 inches.
- Volkswagen will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the center and left outboard seat belt buckles, and replace them if necessary, free of charge. Volkswagen will also provide an owner's manual supplement addressing child safety and child restraints. The recall began June 29, 2018. Owners may contact Volkswagen customer service at 1-800-893-5298. Volkswagen's number for this recall is 69X1.
Click a tab for more information.