- December 23: VW Beetles Recalled To Replace Takata Airbags recalls | 36 days ago
- December 19: VW Emissions Class Action Lawsuit Dismissed news | 40 days ago
- December 3: VW Infotainment System Recall Related To Cameras recalls | 56 days ago
- November 30: VW Atlas and Atlas Cross Sport SUVs Recalled For 2 Problems recalls | 59 days ago
- November 29: Volkswagen Tiguans Recalled To Replace Seat Belts recalls | 60 days ago
Volkswagen Recall 20AW: Fuel Leak From Fuel Tank/FMVSS 301
2018 Volkswagen Atlas
A fuel leak in the presence of an ignition source can increase the risk of a fire.
Fuel System, Gasoline — Storage — Tank Assembly
- Volkswagen Group of America, Inc. (Volkswagen) is recalling certain Volkswagen Atlas vehicles. The fuel tank on these vehicles may leak fuel due to a manufacturing error. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 301, "Fuel System Integrity."
- Volkswagen will notify owners, and dealers will replace the fuel tank, free of charge. The recall began June 22, 2018. Owners may contact Volkswagen customer service at 1-800-893-5298. Volkswagen's number for this recall is 20AW. Note: This recall is an expansion of recall 17V-766.
- Documents (16)
- Non-Compliance Notice 573 Report/FMVSS 301
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 2
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Date: May 22, 2018 Advance Notice – Safety Recall 20AW – Fuel Tank
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2018-2
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2018-4
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2018-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2019-1
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577) - 20AW VW Customer Letter USA
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577) - 20AW VW Customer Letter PRI
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Date: June 21, 2018 Repair Available – Safety Recall 20AW – Fuel Tank
- Remedy Instructions and TSB - Subject Fuel Tank Release Date June 22 , 2018
- Remedy Instructions and TSB
- Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2019-2
- Recall Quarterly Report #6, 2019-3
Click a tab for more information.