- October 10: Volkswagen Atlas SUVs Recalled To Replace Fuel Tanks recalls | 10 days ago
- September 8: Petition Says VW GTI, Golf GTI and Jetta GLI Vehicles Stall investigations | 42 days ago
- September 8: Volkswagen Fuel Economy Lawsuit Settlement Proposed news | 42 days ago
- September 7: Volkswagen Fuel Economy Overstated By 1 MPG news | 43 days ago
- August 26: Lawsuit Says VW Owners Suffered 'Psychological Damage' news | 55 days ago
Volkswagen Recall 20AW: Fuel Leak From Fuel Tank/FMVSS 301
2018 Volkswagen Atlas
A fuel leak in the presence of an ignition source can increase the risk of a fire.
Fuel System, Gasoline — Storage — Tank Assembly
- Volkswagen Group of America, Inc. (Volkswagen) is recalling certain Volkswagen Atlas vehicles. The fuel tank on these vehicles may leak fuel due to a manufacturing error. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 301, "Fuel System Integrity."
- Volkswagen will notify owners, and dealers will replace the fuel tank, free of charge. The recall began June 22, 2018. Owners may contact Volkswagen customer service at 1-800-893-5298. Volkswagen's number for this recall is 20AW. Note: This recall is an expansion of recall 17V-766.
Click a tab for more information.