- March 19: VW Beetles and Beetle Convertibles Recalled For Software Problems recalls | 7 days ago
- March 15: Volkswagen Charged by the SEC For Defrauding Investors news | 11 days ago
- February 26: Volkswagen + Takata = Recall recalls | 28 days ago
- February 19: VW Recalls Atlas, Golf SportWagen and Jetta For Coil Springs recalls | 35 days ago
- February 10: Electric Car Range Decreases in Cold Temps news | 44 days ago
Volkswagen Recall 20AW: Fuel Leak From Fuel Tank/FMVSS 301
2018 Volkswagen Atlas
A fuel leak in the presence of an ignition source can increase the risk of a fire.
Fuel System, Gasoline — Storage — Tank Assembly
- Volkswagen Group of America, Inc. (Volkswagen) is recalling certain Volkswagen Atlas vehicles. The fuel tank on these vehicles may leak fuel due to a manufacturing error. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 301, "Fuel System Integrity."
- Volkswagen will notify owners, and dealers will replace the fuel tank, free of charge. The recall began June 22, 2018. Owners may contact Volkswagen customer service at 1-800-893-5298. Volkswagen's number for this recall is 20AW. Note: This recall is an expansion of recall 17V-766.
Click a tab for more information.