- October 10: Volkswagen Atlas SUVs Recalled To Replace Fuel Tanks recalls | 4 days ago
- September 8: Petition Says VW GTI, Golf GTI and Jetta GLI Vehicles Stall investigations | 36 days ago
- September 8: Volkswagen Fuel Economy Lawsuit Settlement Proposed news | 36 days ago
- September 7: Volkswagen Fuel Economy Overstated By 1 MPG news | 37 days ago
- August 26: Lawsuit Says VW Owners Suffered 'Psychological Damage' news | 49 days ago
Volkswagen Recall 20AQ: Fuel Tank May Leak Fuel
2018 Volkswagen Atlas
A fuel leak in the presence of an ignition source can increase the risk of a fire.
Fuel System, Gasoline — Storage
- Volkswagen Group of America, Inc. (Volkswagen) is recalling certain 2018 Atlas vehicles. The fuel tank may have been manufactured with insufficient wall thickness, potentially resulting in the tank leaking fuel. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 301, "Fuel System Integrity."
- Volkswagen will notify owners, and dealers will replace the fuel tank, free of charge. The recall began December 10, 2017. Owners may contact Volkswagen customer service at 1-800-893-5298. Volkswagen's number for this recall is 20AQ.
- Documents (6)
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Non-Compliance Notice 573 Report/FMVSS 301
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)- December 11, 2017 - Advance Notice – Safety Recall 20AQ – Fuel Tank - 2018 MY Volkswagen Atlas
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Date: January 08, 2018 Subject: Repair Availability for Safety Recall 20AQ – Fuel Tank 2018 MY Volkswagen Atlas
- Remedy Instructions and TSB - Subject Fuel Tank Release Date January 09, 2018
Click a tab for more information.