- July 10: Investigation: 2018 VW Tiguan Seat Belts Are Breaking investigations | 12 days ago
- July 9: Appeals Court Rules VW Stuck With $10 Billion Settlement news | 13 days ago
- July 5: Volkswagen Lawsuit Says Safety Features Don't Work as Advertised news | 17 days ago
- July 3: Volkswagen Age Discrimination Lawsuit Filed in Tennessee news | 19 days ago
- June 30: 2018 VW and Audi Drivers: Park Your Vehicles recalls | 22 days ago
Volkswagen Recall 20AQ: Fuel Tank May Leak Fuel
2018 Volkswagen Atlas
A fuel leak in the presence of an ignition source can increase the risk of a fire.
Fuel System, Gasoline — Storage
- Volkswagen Group of America, Inc. (Volkswagen) is recalling certain 2018 Atlas vehicles. The fuel tank may have been manufactured with insufficient wall thickness, potentially resulting in the tank leaking fuel. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 301, "Fuel System Integrity."
- Volkswagen will notify owners, and dealers will replace the fuel tank, free of charge. The recall began December 10, 2017. Owners may contact Volkswagen customer service at 1-800-893-5298. Volkswagen's number for this recall is 20AQ.
- Documents (6)
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Non-Compliance Notice 573 Report/FMVSS 301
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)- December 11, 2017 - Advance Notice – Safety Recall 20AQ – Fuel Tank - 2018 MY Volkswagen Atlas
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Date: January 08, 2018 Subject: Repair Availability for Safety Recall 20AQ – Fuel Tank 2018 MY Volkswagen Atlas
- Remedy Instructions and TSB - Subject Fuel Tank Release Date January 09, 2018
Click a tab for more information.