- June 12: 2019 VW Jetta Transmission Noise Causes Lawsuit news | 5 days ago
- May 13: VW Exploding Sunroof Class Action Lawsuit Won't Be Dismissed news | 35 days ago
- May 11: Porsche Emissions Issues Cause A Loss of $598 Million news | 37 days ago
- May 2: Volkswagen Recalls Tiguans For Wrong Tire Labels recalls | 46 days ago
- April 24: VW Recalls 2019 Atlas and 2020 Passat recalls | 54 days ago
Volkswagen Recall 20AQ: Fuel Tank May Leak Fuel
2018 Volkswagen Atlas
A fuel leak in the presence of an ignition source can increase the risk of a fire.
Fuel System, Gasoline — Storage
- Volkswagen Group of America, Inc. (Volkswagen) is recalling certain 2018 Atlas vehicles. The fuel tank may have been manufactured with insufficient wall thickness, potentially resulting in the tank leaking fuel. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 301, "Fuel System Integrity."
- Volkswagen will notify owners, and dealers will replace the fuel tank, free of charge. The recall began December 10, 2017. Owners may contact Volkswagen customer service at 1-800-893-5298. Volkswagen's number for this recall is 20AQ.
- Documents (6)
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Non-Compliance Notice 573 Report/FMVSS 301
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)- December 11, 2017 - Advance Notice – Safety Recall 20AQ – Fuel Tank - 2018 MY Volkswagen Atlas
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Date: January 08, 2018 Subject: Repair Availability for Safety Recall 20AQ – Fuel Tank 2018 MY Volkswagen Atlas
- Remedy Instructions and TSB - Subject Fuel Tank Release Date January 09, 2018
Click a tab for more information.