- August 24: Audi Volkswagen Korea and Porsche Korea Busted Again news | 0 days ago
- August 23: Volkswagen Recalls 679,000 Vehicles For Rollaway Risk recalls | 1 days ago
- August 8: Volkswagen CC Tire Cupping Class Action Lawsuit Settlement news | 16 days ago
- July 30: Volkswagen Recalls CCs and Tiguans For Airbag Failures recalls | 25 days ago
- July 2: VW Recalls Atlas and Passat Vehicles To Fix Headlights recalls | 53 days ago
Volkswagen Recall 69S8/69Y5: Driver's Frontal Air Bag Inflator May Rupture
2015 Volkswagen CC
In the event of a crash necessitating deployment of the driver's frontal air bag, the inflator could explode with metal fragments striking the vehicle occupants potentially resulting in serious injury or death.
Air Bags — Frontal — Driver Side Inflator Module
- Volkswagen Group of America, Inc. (Volkswagen) is recalling certain 2015 Passat, 2015-2016 Eos, 2015-2017 CC, 2016-2017 TT Roadster, TT Coupe, 2017 Audi R8 Coupe, and R8 Spyder vehicles. Upon deployment of the driver's frontal air bag, excessive internal pressure may cause the inflator to explode.
- Volkswagen will notify owners, and dealers will replace the driver's frontal air bag inflator with an alternative inflator, free of charge. The recall began March 4, 2019. Volkswagen owners may contact Volkswagen customer service at 1-800-893-5298; Audi owners may contact Audi at 1-800-253-2834. Volkswagen's number for this recall is 69S8 (Audi) and 69Y5 (Volkswagen).
Click a tab for more information.