- September 20: European Commission Investigates BMW, Daimler and VW news | 5 days ago
- September 15: VW Timing Chain Tensioner Class-Action Settlement Nears news | 10 days ago
- September 10: VW Touareg Drain Valve Lawsuit Says Water Enters Air Filters news | 15 days ago
- September 7: Volkswagen Recalls Atlas SUVs For Airbag Dangers recalls | 18 days ago
- September 5: Volkswagen Agrees to Settle $48 Million Investor Lawsuit news | 20 days ago
Volkswagen Recall : Vw/FMVSS 225/Child Restraint Anchorages
2001 Volkswagen Cabrio
These vehicles were not marked or described as required by the standard.
Equipment — Other — Owners/Service/Other Manual
- Certain passenger vehicles fail to comply with requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard no. 225, "child restraint anchorage systems." Child seat anchorages installed in the vehicle's rear seats must be identified by markings, and their location and use be described in the owner's manual.
- Owners will be provided with a supplement for the owner's manual and also one set of four guidance fixtures intended to use in conjunction with child seats equipped with rigid or semi-rigid lower anchorage attachments. Also enclosed will be four decals together with installation instructions and a template for attaching the decals to the lower seat backs. Owner notification is expected to begin September 15, 2002. Owners should contact vwoa at 1-800-822-8987.
- Documents (4)
Click a tab for more information.