- October 10: Volkswagen Atlas SUVs Recalled To Replace Fuel Tanks recalls | 4 days ago
- September 8: Petition Says VW GTI, Golf GTI and Jetta GLI Vehicles Stall investigations | 36 days ago
- September 8: Volkswagen Fuel Economy Lawsuit Settlement Proposed news | 36 days ago
- September 7: Volkswagen Fuel Economy Overstated By 1 MPG news | 37 days ago
- August 26: Lawsuit Says VW Owners Suffered 'Psychological Damage' news | 49 days ago
Volkswagen Recall 69S8/69Y5: Driver's Frontal Air Bag Inflator May Rupture
2015 Volkswagen Eos
In the event of a crash necessitating deployment of the driver's frontal air bag, the inflator could explode with metal fragments striking the vehicle occupants potentially resulting in serious injury or death.
Air Bags — Frontal — Driver Side Inflator Module
- Volkswagen Group of America, Inc. (Volkswagen) is recalling certain 2015 Passat, 2015-2016 Eos, 2015-2017 CC, 2016-2017 TT Roadster, TT Coupe, 2017 Audi R8 Coupe, and R8 Spyder vehicles. Upon deployment of the driver's frontal air bag, excessive internal pressure may cause the inflator to explode.
- Volkswagen will notify owners, and dealers will replace the driver's frontal air bag inflator with an alternative inflator, free of charge. The recall began March 4, 2019. Volkswagen owners may contact Volkswagen customer service at 1-800-893-5298; Audi owners may contact Audi at 1-800-253-2834. Volkswagen's number for this recall is 69S8 (Audi) and 69Y5 (Volkswagen).
Click a tab for more information.