- March 19: VW Beetles and Beetle Convertibles Recalled For Software Problems recalls | 4 days ago
- March 15: Volkswagen Charged by the SEC For Defrauding Investors news | 8 days ago
- February 26: Volkswagen + Takata = Recall recalls | 25 days ago
- February 19: VW Recalls Atlas, Golf SportWagen and Jetta For Coil Springs recalls | 32 days ago
- February 10: Electric Car Range Decreases in Cold Temps news | 41 days ago
Volkswagen Recall VW 72H8 / Audi 72H9: Incorrectly Welded Rear Seat Guide Sleeves
2018 Volkswagen Golf R
If the guide sleeves are incorrectly welded, in the event of a crash, the rear seat head restraints may have reduced stability, increasing the risk of injury.
Seats — Mid/Rear Assembly
- Volkswagen Group of America, Inc. (Volkswagen) is recalling certain 2018 Volkswagen e-Golf and Golf R vehicles, and Audi A3 Sedan and RS3 vehicles. The rear seat frame head restraint guide sleeves may be incorrectly welded to the seat frame.
- Volkswagen and Audi will notify their owners, and dealers will inspect the guide sleeves for incorrect welds, replacing the rear seat frame, as necessary, free of charge. The recall began December 28, 2018. Owners may contact Volkswagen customer service at 1-800-893-5298 or Audi customer service at 1-800-253-2834. Volkswagen's numbers for this recall are 72H8 (VW) and 72H9(Audi).
Click a tab for more information.