- October 10: Volkswagen Atlas SUVs Recalled To Replace Fuel Tanks recalls | 4 days ago
- September 8: Petition Says VW GTI, Golf GTI and Jetta GLI Vehicles Stall investigations | 36 days ago
- September 8: Volkswagen Fuel Economy Lawsuit Settlement Proposed news | 36 days ago
- September 7: Volkswagen Fuel Economy Overstated By 1 MPG news | 37 days ago
- August 26: Lawsuit Says VW Owners Suffered 'Psychological Damage' news | 49 days ago
Volkswagen Recall 06A8: Mismatched Vehicle Identification Number/FMVSS 567
2017 Volkswagen Jetta
The mismatched VINs make the vehicle noncompliant with regulatory requirements.
Equipment — Other — Labels
- Volkswagen Group of America, Inc. (Volkswagen) is recalling certain 2017 Jetta vehicles. The affected vehicles have Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) markings on the body that do not match the VIN plate near the windshield. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of 49 CFR Part 567, "Certification."
- Volkswagen has notified owners and has replaced the vehicles, free of charge. The recall began on July 7, 2017. Owners may contact Volkswagen customer service at 1-800-893-5298. Volkswagen's number for this recall is 06A8.
- Documents (5)
Click a tab for more information.